The Prince Edward Island Aquaculture Alliance (PEIAA) is a non-profit organization, established in January 1998, as an umbrella organization representing the PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association, the Island Oyster Growers Group, and the PEI Finfish Association.
A proactive unified voice on behalf of its 150-plus members, the PEI Aquaculture Alliance advocates on behalf of the industry, enables important research and development and shares relevant information on current issues and opportunities.
The Prince Edward Island Aquaculture Alliance was formed to provide focus for the Prince Edward Island aquaculture industry and to enhance industry prosperity through its development as an effective world competitor.
The Prince Edward Island Aquaculture Alliance is proud to:
- Support the PEI Aquaculture Industry in its efforts to produce premium products by participating in industry driven research and development on aquaculture related issues, as well as timely discussions of issues relevant to the industry;
- Promote a cooperative spirit among all engaged in the PEI Aquaculture Industry with an emphasis on improving the economics of PEI aquaculture; and
- Grow the opportunities for Island growers, processors, packers and marketers of aquaculture products in PEI to succeed.
Providing Positive Leadership:
The Alliance is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors with representation from its three founding member associations.
PEI Aquaculture Alliance Board:
Laura Braden - President (PEI Finfish Association)
Jesse Fortune - Vice-President (Island Oyster Growers Group)
Ben Normand - Secretary-Treasurer (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Wayne Smith - Director (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Shane Gillis - Director (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Dan Paynter - Director (PEI Finfish Association)
Monique Horne - Director (Island Oyster Growers Group)
Todd Getson - Director (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Tim Rayner- Director (Island Oyster Growers Group)
Dale Cormier- Director (Island Oyster Growers Group)
The Alliance Board of Directors is assisted in its efforts to anticipate, discuss and resolve issues by professional staff persons:
- Denna Keating, Director of Finance and Operations
- Peter Warris, Director of Projects and Industry Liaison
- Mel Pasher, Project and Administration Officer
The PEIAA would like to acknowledge and thank our members, partners and staff who supplied photos for this site.