The Prince Edward Island Aquaculture Alliance (PEIAA) is a non-profit organization, established in January 1998, as an umbrella organization representing the PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association, the Island Oyster Growers Group, and the PEI Finfish Association.
A proactive unified voice on behalf of its 150-plus members, the PEI Aquaculture Alliance advocates on behalf of the industry, enables important research and development and shares relevant information on current issues and opportunities.
The Prince Edward Island Aquaculture Alliance was formed to provide focus for the Prince Edward Island aquaculture industry and to enhance industry prosperity through its development as an effective world competitor.
The Prince Edward Island Aquaculture Alliance is proud to:
- Support the PEI Aquaculture Industry in its efforts to produce premium products by participating in industry driven research and development on aquaculture related issues, as well as timely discussions of issues relevant to the industry;
- Promote a cooperative spirit among all engaged in the PEI Aquaculture Industry with an emphasis on improving the economics of PEI aquaculture; and
- Grow the opportunities for Island growers, processors, packers and marketers of aquaculture products in PEI to succeed.
Providing Positive Leadership:
The Alliance is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors with representation from its three founding member associations.
PEI Aquaculture Alliance Board:
Laura Braden - President (PEI Finfish Association)
Jeff Nelson - Vice-President (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Tim Rayner - Secretary-Treasurer (Island Oyster Growers Group)
Wayne Smith - Director (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
John Paquet - Director (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Shane Gillis - Director (PEI Cultured Mussel Growers Association)
Dan Paynter - Director (PEI Finfish Association)
Dennis Enman - Director (Island Oyster Growers Group)
The Alliance Board of Directors is assisted in its efforts to anticipate, discuss and resolve issues by professional staff persons:
- Denna Keating, Director of Finance and Operations
- Peter Warris, Director of Projects and Industry Liaison
Membership to PEI Aquaculture Alliance can be very rewarding. As well as provide a proactive voice for the PEI aquaculture industry, the PEI Aquaculture Alliance provides its members with timely, relevant information on current issues and research and development projects.
To discuss membership benefits and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Denna Keating at 902-368-2757 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The PEIAA would like to acknowledge and thank Matt Smith, our staff and members who supplied photos for this site.